Sunday, September 21, 2008

Miracle Party

What a wonderful night! We were a little bit late since Samantha had Paige's birthday party which ran until 5 pm. We picked her up a bit early then she quickly donned her party dress and we were off...

Just as we were walking into the party - they called Samantha's name. She went up for the introductions along with all the other cancer kids being recognized. There was music and dancing all evening.

All the kids had banners hanging thru out the room!




Here are all the kids looking so beautiful! Donna and Samantha wore masks (Donna took a break), while Isabella was a princess and Daniel was a pirate.
Notice the short hair on Daniel...

There was a lot of fun things for the younger kids to do... They had jumping castles, a dress up corner (Isabella spent most of her time there) and a pirate chest. They also had face painting. Both Samantha and Isabella took part in that...
I will put all the pictures from the party into an online album and post in the link section of the main blog page.
Pirate Daniel - he was a good sport. The music wasn't really his cup of tea and he would not dance with me at all - but I think he had a fine time any way.
Daniel got to see some friends from the cancer camps.
We also saw Dr. Ball and a couple of our favorite nurses. They were all amazed at how wonderful Samantha looked with her thick curly hair and pretty pick dress. She wore the same dress to her cancer free party although that is when she was super skinny. Now that she has filled in a bit the dress looks a bit different. (Dang it anyway!)
I can't wait until next year - I am hoping this will become a yearly event. What a wonderful opportunity to raise money and awareness as well as dance and party!

I know I talked last blog about the first ever National Childhood Cancer awareness day - but I thought I would post some of the pictures from the day.

Here are all the survivors that made it that day. Kori is giving a speech - she is the one who started Gold Ribbon Families - my mom's cancer support group.
Allison, Samantha, Jimmy and Kohl posed for a quick picture at Jimmy's lunch. He just graduated from the Young Marines program. He was a bit upset because he had to cut his hair. I think that is a re-occurring theme - after being bald for so long, they don't like getting it cut!
The next picture is all the survivors at Kyle's benefit concert - Mallory and Kennedy were able to join in this time!
Samantha is getting ready for her high school's spirit week while I once again tackle the house. Daniel asked today while Sunday is always cleaning day and I said - look around... :)
Jeremy comes home tomorrow evening and this next week we will plan Isabella's 4th birthday party. Grandbob comes in on Friday... Isabella is so excited - every day she wakes up asking how many more days until her birthday.
Well I am signing off for now - got to get to work. Happy Sunday!
Love to everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Hi all!
    It sounds like everything was a huge success. How wonderful. The kids looked great. I miss them already! Daniel.... what a great looking pirate you made! And I LOVE your hair! I can't believe how beautiful they all are. That's a stupid thing to say... look at their mother! I wish we could have been there. And I also wish we could make it for Izi's b'day. Oh well, just send photos. I love them. I love all of you soooo much! Have a great time and enjoy each day as it comes Angel. You are really something. I'm sooo proud of you!
    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys!! Samantha, I can't believe how long your hair is getting!! You are a beautiful girl!! Daniel, love the haircut!! I miss you guys a ton, and we are so upset that we couldn't make it to the party. Things are just a little tight right now, but if it will be an annual event, we will definately be there next year!! I need to update my blog...Katelyn got braces, and boy does she hurt!! Talk to you soon, take care. Love!!! The Langs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam,
    You are so beautiful. You looked amazing Saturday night and I am so glad I got to "meet" you in person. Be strong, sweet girl, we are praying hard for complete healing.
    Love, hugs, and miracle kisses from South Texas, Sheila

    ReplyDelete

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!