Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Nice and Relaxing





As I mentioned in the earlier post - the kids and I took off bright and early Monday morning and drove to Cody to visit the family. The drive was ok - 8 hours in the van with 3 kids isn't fantastic - but the kids were!
It was so nice to spend some down time with my mom. The kids and I got to see my Grandma and Grandpa H and both my aunts - auntie Rae and aunt Becky. I wish we could have seen auntie Rae a bit more but she worked during the day and has a bum shoulder and needed to rest in the evenings. I also got to see my cousins Steph and Robin for a bit. It is so weird - I always feel so young around them - it is hard to believe that we all have children in high school...

We had a fantastic BBQ at my cousin TG's house. Heather was away on business but Brian, her husband, Mariah and Gabe stopped by. TG's house is really cute and they are starting to make it their own.


On Wed we spent some time with Keegan (his 2 year old son). Isabella had so much fun. She loved spending time with Grandma and Keegan. She is so good with younger kids - every time she says "see how nice I am mom - can we get a baby too?"




On Thursday we drove into Yellowstone National Park. I have been there a few times now - but I forget how beautiful it is - it takes my breathe away. Mom and George took us into the park - it was fun listening to all the places they hung out when they were younger.

Here is a buffalo on the side of the rode. We didn't see any other animals - but we saw so many beautiful wild flowers!


We saw Old Faithful - Isabella was amazed and excited that when it went up some of the water came down on top of us because of the wind. We ate some lunch - picked up some souvenirs and then piled back into the van and headed for home.








I know my mother loves having us visit - but I also thinks she appreciates her semi-quiet life much more after we leave. Isabella hung on her and the volume level is always high with her around - she talks and talks and talks.
Our ride back to Denver was wet - it rained almost the whole way. We didn't get to see Jeremy right away - he was the support team for one of his friends who was running the Leadville 100 - that is right - running 100 miles above 10,000 feet elevation - is that crazy or what?
Meanwhile - I took Samantha to get a first day of school outfit and Isabella got a new pair of school shoes.
I can't believe that school has started and summer is almost over. It flew by... We still have a couple big events coming up. First we have our friend's wedding then I am hoping to get up to see Dianna for a weekend. Then we have Sept 13 - the first National Pediatric Cancer awareness day- events. Then on Sept 20 - we will get all dressed up for the Miracle Party. Check out the website - http://www.miracleparty.org/ - Sam is on it. If anyone wants to buy tickets or to just donate - you can do it there.
We finish up the month by celebrating Isabella's 4th birthday. She asks daily about it - it is so cute. I think she wants to ride her bike but has decided that she needs to be 4 before she can do it - lol.
Before you know it, fall will be here (my favorite time!) and the holiday season - man time just flies.
I am going to sign off for now but I will post tomorrow with info on how the kids first day of high school went - stay tuned!
Love to everyone!




1 comment:

  1. NO NO NO.... I don't enjoy my semi quiet time more than having you and my grandkids around. BUT...it does take a close second! I thoroughly enjoyed every second and wish it could happen every month so we wouldn't have to fit so much in so little time. George had a wonderful time and it made Gramma and Papa's day! They have wished and wished to see all of you and were really amazed at how big everyone is now. Keagan really misses Izi! They sure hit it off. And of course you all left the brownie bites here and so guess who had to finish them.... oh well. I love you all and had a fantastic time!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!