Sunday, October 12, 2008

Brrrrr

We have had a misty chilly weekend here in Denver. Each night I have been going out and covering my tomatoes and herbs. I am trying to stretch our season out as long as possible. It is supposed to be mild next week - I have so many tomatoes almost ripe...

This past week has been nice and quiet for the most part. Last weekend Daniel decided he wanted to have a party at his dad's house since it was empty. Well he got caught and was grounded this past week. Chris made it home from India yesterday and added a few more restrictions as well. It was nice having him home for a change, although he may disagree.

Samantha is doing much better. She is back in the swing of things with school and has adjusted to the new pain level in her leg. It is still red and tender but she is making it thru school with out too much Advil. She was excited to see her dad and Sharmi.

Jeremy and I will be heading out to San Francisco Wed thru Sunday. It will just be the 3 of us. He found some cheap tickets a while back and to tell you the truth I am looking forward to a relaxing vacation. His boss Ashish lives in the area and we will be staying with him and his family for most of the time. We are planning on hitting some wineries, the beach, the zoo and the aquarium. Doesn't that sound like heaven?

Last week I mentioned that we went to the wedding reception of a friend from work. His wife couldn't make it because her son was sick after a chemo treatment for Leukemia. Well the he developed a pretty serious fungal infection in his lungs and just couldn't fight it. He died yesterday. Even though I didn't know him personally - it still hit me hard. This was Leukemia - one of the highest cure rates of most children's cancers - but it was the side effects that did him in - not even the cancer. There has to be a better way to cure this stuff. Every day I hear of another child diagnosed or lose the battle... I just hope that awareness starts ramping up - I really don't understand why it is not already there.

I feel truly bless that we made it thru the past year and a half. Hug your kids, families and friends - that is all that's really important.

Tomorrow I promised Isabella that we would decorate the house for Halloween. I will try to take a some pictures and post later.

Night and love to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!