Thursday, October 30, 2008

Life is Good

I don't know if I have used that title before - but I know I feel it often. I was certainly feeling it tonight as we drove home from a fantastic dinner. Good food at a downtown oyster bar, good company with friends and a happy Isabella and of course good wine - even better because it was happy hour. As we drove home looking at the city lights with echos of Isabella's laughter ringing in my ears - Life is good popped into my mind.
I think I am going to recount event backward tonight - I know it has been a while since I posted last. We had some running around to do downtown tonight so we decided to eat out. We had a gift certificate to a great oyster bar and decided to use it. Noah met us there and we had a really nice time. The past week has been productive for me at least. The big kids are with their dad this week so I decided to try and work from the office instead of from home. It was a bit hard since I am so used to noise and the office is quiet - but I put on my headphones and listened to some music. I recently bought some new music - Bittersweet... It has a retro easy listening sound and it really makes me feel good (always a plus!). I actually worked out 2 times this week - wow!

Yesterday we met with the prosthetic (I want to say doctor - but he really isn't a doctor) dude for lack of a better word. The whole family showed up to learn all about a below knew prosthetic. It is really amazing what is available. Samantha was a bit uncomfortable but I believe Chris and I asked all the questions she wanted us to ask. She has more questions for Dr. Heare when we meet with him Thursday, but overall she has been feeling good and doing well in school.



Last weekend the kids and I hit the pumpkin patch. Isabella was able to enjoy the jumpy slides and obstacle course, some rides with Daniel and the maze.

Both the big kids were fantastic as usual - really good sports hanging out with Isabella.





Here Samantha is following Isabella as she exhausts every possible path in the maze. Samantha so cool in her sunglasses and Isabella barely peaking up over the straw bales.













Daniel went on the mini roller coaster with Isabella - she screamed the whole time. Daniel caught some video on his phone. Once I figure out how to get it off his phone - I will post - it is pretty funny.

He barely fit into the seat - I think it is funny that he is as big as the dragon.



Samantha is part of the freshman class government. They had a booth at a trick or treat event hosted at the high school for the younger kids later Saturday night. She went as a 'Fallen Angel' - is that great or what!






She looked beautiful as usual - she and Isabella had a great time.
Sunday last, I made a spaghetti and meatball dinner from the last of the garden tomatoes. I also made a couple pumpkin pies from fresh pumpkin - it was my first time and they turned out great. Much better than pumpkin from the can.
After dinner the kids carved their pumpkins. Uncle Ike tried to be a spectator but Isabella needed some help so he jumped right in. I will take a picture Halloween night when they are all lit up with candles. We had bunches of fun gathering the seeds and designing the pumpkins.
I decided to add this picture as a bonus. Isabella played dress up this morning while I was getting ready for work. She looked so adorable I grabbed a quick picture just before she brushed her teeth.
Tomorrow, Isabella's school is hosting a Fall Open house. She is super excited for Jeremy and I to visit her school - no matter how often we do it - she never gets tired of having us visit.
It has been such a wonderful week weather wise as well. The temp has been in the mid 70s - so we are thinking a visit to the zoo this weekend will be the best thing to do before the weather turns cold.
Last weekend Jeremy and I cleaned up the garden and tilled the soil - cleaned out the composter and mowed up the leaves. The yard is sort of ready for winter. This Sunday I will probably take advantage of not having the big kids around and try to get the whole house cleaned up instead of just a few rooms here and there.
After reading about our life this past week, you can understand why I think 'life is good!'
I hope everyone else's is the same - Love to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi All,
    Again, a great entry and it made my heart swell when I read you said "Life is Good!". You are so special. Loved the photos, what did we do before computers and digitals? The kids look great. Can hardly wait to hold them again. I'll talk to you after Nov 5th. Love you all,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!