Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Day 2 - Quick update

So today was ok. Samantha had a pretty good night after giving me the low down on all her friends and the characters of the show "The Hills". There was a lot of turning her and watching her blood pressure.

Dr. Heare wanted the epidural out today so she was transitioned to oral pain meds. This afternoon they removed it for good and she seems to be managing the pain ok. Even though the Dr and physical therapist really wanted her to stand or at least sit on the side of the bed, she would not do it.

I think it is a bit harder for her because she has been here before and knows that it is going to hurt when she finally does move that leg. She is resisting. Tomorrow she won't have a choice and I have a feeling it will be a hard day. Then I am thinking we will be able to go home on Thursday.

Isabella is doing ok - a bit of a rough start this morning but she had a blast playing in the hospital playroom this evening. She remembers this routine as well. She just wanted to make sure Samantha and I would be home before Christmas.

Daniel was actually nice to his sister today - played some x-box video game with her for a while. He had part of his Calculus midterm today and he finishes up the rest of his tests on Thursday.

The weather is still cold but at least the sun came out today so the roads are improving.

I think that is it for now - sorry for the short report tonight - but I am beat.

Until tomorrow - Love to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sam,
    We are praying for you to heal quickly so you can continue through this latest round of surgeries. You are so beautiful, courageous, inspiration, awesome and a true blessing. I look forward to your updates and I have missed not "hearing" about you and your family's adventures.
    Love, hugs and super healing kisses from South Texas, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angels,
    I know today will be the hardest day Little Angel.... just remember that it does go away..... I wish I could do it for you. I can't imagine the pain for you. I broke my foot once (Okay Dawn quit laughing) and they said to keep it elevated and every time I had to get up the blood would run to my foot and MAN! I know you have it much worse I'll try to take some hurt from you today!

    Can't believe that you may be going home so early. I figured you'd be there at least until the weekend.

    I'll see you real soon!
    Love Gramma Tina

    ReplyDelete

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!