Friday, December 19, 2008

Freaky Friday

So we got off to a rough start this morning. I was proud of myself because I felt like freaking out on the home nursing company, but I kept my cool - complained to the management and all turned out ok.
The plan was to have Samantha get her first home antibiotic treatment last night. We were told that the nurse would be at our home at 8 pm then they said between 9 and 10. At 10:30pm last night, I called. Apparently no nurse was scheduled - a miss communication between the hospital and nursing company. No problem there - I thought I could just administer the first dose. But here is the kicker... Samantha has not had this particular antibiotic before, so it is a good idea to have an epi-pen available in case she has a reaction. After talking with doctors we decided that Sam could wait until 8 am this morning for her first dose.

I woke up early and guess what - 8 am came and went. The nursing company tried to cancel again - I of course got a bit upset and we finally got a nurse with an epi-pen out at 10:30 am. Dr. Heare wasn't too concerned so I feel ok now. But I tell you what - my imagination was flying this morning.

Samantha had another pretty good day. She ate well and can't really do much yet - but when she does move she does it pretty well.

I took some pictures so you can see how big the dressing is and how beautiful she is a mere 4 days after a major operation.

Isabella was actually excited about going to school - it was pajama day. Bedtime this evening went super smooth.

We finished the day with a movie - I say 'we' but it was really just me. Samantha was doing something on the computer and Jeremy fell asleep on the couch.

Samantha needs to get her antibiotic 4 times a day - her evening dose is at 10:30 pm and I need to stay up until it finishes - so say at least another hour. Then I will need to get up at 4:30am for the next one. I am regressing back to the baby schedule days. :)

Good thing tomorrow is Saturday and I can just work on the house and Christmas stuff a bit at a time.

Another side effect of waiting for the antibiotic is that I was finally able to upload Isabella's Winter Program performances to You Tube. Here are the links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQRtQI1XKRE - This is Isabella singing 'A Partridge in a Pear Tree'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBbLeHcTXcQ - This is her Country Christmas Dance

A couple tips for You tube - when you click on the link it will bring up a screen, on the bottom right - just under the volume control, is an option to 'watch in high quality'. It helps. I wasn't the best photographer - I was trying to watch with my own eyes instead of thru the camera and we were back a bit. Also on the left is 'More from Layergal' - you can click on this and see all the videos I have posted without having to come back to this page for the other link.

Thanks to everyone who has posted encouraging words for Sam and the family. It was a tough week but we got thru it just fine and we will handle the next challenge just as well I am sure with the help of every one's thoughts and prayers.

Night and Love to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angels!
    Boy Little Angel, that leg looks bad. You of course are beautiful so soon after surgery. I can't believe how strong you are. You are definitely your mother's daughter. And Dawn.... having raised you I know what "a little upset" means when it comes to one of your children. Good for you for getting it done. I sure hope today is better for you.
    The weather here is terrible. George has been checking the weather SEVERAL times a day and he thinks it might be better to leave here on Monday instead. I know you have a doctor's appointment so don't worry I'll call you when we get on the road and leave a message if you can't get the call. We have a GPS all set and we'll make it okay.
    Soooo excited to see you I can't even sleep! Which is bad because once I get there that's probably what I'll do. I do so look forward to your journal entries and I'm still going to try to talk you into writing a book. Iknow... spare time is non existent.
    Love you and see you soon,
    Gramma Tina

    ReplyDelete

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!