Wednesday, December 17, 2008

My Daughter Super Sam

Today will be another quick update. Samantha had a pretty good night - she woke up a couple of times but the nurses are great - not stingy with pain meds at all. I think we have a great combo of meds. There is this one - a liquid form of ibuprofen. It is fantastic for bone pain and swelling. Unfortunately, she can only take it 48 hours at a time.

PT came bright and early and Samantha decided to try and move. She wasn't really happy about it but she did it. She got up and sat in the chair with her leg lowered a bit for quite a while. She tried to use the crutches - but she her right breast area is still tender from the broviac placement. Her leg is also pretty heavily bandaged and awkward. With her weak hip it wasn't realistic that she would be able to crutch down the hall. So the bottom line is that PT agreed that she is doing well enough to go home when she is ready. Dr Heare agreed - if she decides she wants to - we will go home tomorrow.

In the meantime, we continue to watch Gilmore Girls during every waking minute and try to find something that Sam will eat. Good Times... :)

I hope everyone is happy and healthy!
Love to everyone!

2 comments:

  1. My goodness girl you are moving along fast this time. I hate that you have to do it but I have a really good feeling that this is going to work this time.

    Try to hang in there strong ones. Is there anything that I can bring up for you to eat Little Angel? Did you get to make gramma's cookies before surgery? I can sure bring those.

    I love you sooooo much! Try to rest, eat and think of Christmas you beautiful one. I'll see you real soon.
    Gramma Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go Sam!! You are a true inspiration!! You stay strong!! We love you and miss you all!!

    Love,
    Heath

    ReplyDelete

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!