Sunday, January 4, 2009

So It Starts Again



WHEW... We made it thru the holidays - relaxed, happy and ready for the new year - can you believe it?

I think I told everyone last time that Isabella and Jeremy went skiing. So I have added the pictures and the quick video.

The video is short, but keep in mind that my superstar husband is trying to catch her while he is skiing backwards.

Make sure the sound is up when you watch it - Isabella giggles and it is so cute!

So they went skiing on Friday - Sunday we took off for Gunnison to visit our friends Bill and Susan.


Susan just had (2 months ago) another baby boy. She has her hands full now.

I love to visit Gunnison - we always have a relaxing time. Jeremy and Bill went skiing on Monday, while Isabella and I hung out and played with Burke and Bing (their boys).

Isabella had a fantastic time and cried when we had to leave. I think she really enjoys being a 'big sister' type friend.

Burke just followed her around with a big smile on his face.

I got to help with the baby which I just loved! A nice side note - usually I look at babies and try to figure out if and how we can have another one. But this time, I got to enjoy helping out and knowing that we would be leaving without a baby. I think I am at a stage now where I can enjoy all the kids as they are and glad that I won't have another 'terrible two' or 'crazy brained teenager' to look forward to after my three.

We left Gunnison on Tuesday afternoon and stopped for a quick overnight at Mt. Princeton Hot Springs half way home to Denver.

The room was reasonable and we really had a great time soaking in the hot springs that evening and Wed morning. What a view - huh?

There is a part of the property where you can go sit in little side pools of the river. The water is jacuzzi like but the scenery is fantastic. The moon was beautiful ...

For New Year's Eve - we headed to a friends house for dinner and drinks. You know you are getting old when 5 minutes after midnight - you are ready to head home and hit the sack! :) It was super fun and we were glad to be sleeping in our own bed after travelling.

New years day we just relaxed. Both Jeremy and I had a chance to finish our books and start new ones. I actually finished 2 books last year! How great is that? Books are such a luxury in our house.

The big kids came home Thursday evening and we played a bit of Wii. Jeremy and I decided to cut back on Christmas this year and get the family the Wii. Along with the sports games we also got Wii Fit and I personally just love it! Samantha loves to play tennis and she can kick every one's butt regularly now. Daniel and Jeremy go back and forth breaking the ski and snowboarding records. Isabella and I just hang out and take our turns trying to improve our balance with the cool balance games on Wii fit.

I was a bit apprehensive thinking we should be saving more just in case something happens with our jobs, but when I watch Daniel and Samantha laugh together (when they are usually yelling) I know I made the right choice. I also love the fact that Sam can go all day without additional pain meds when she is distracted. We have been watching less TV and moving more - all good.

Sorry for the commercial - jeez...

Then on Friday, Samantha and Isabella did the whole facial treatment. Dan snowboarded on Friday and Jeremy skied on Saturday.

Sunday - today - I spent doing my chores. Sam is still doing some finishing touches to her room which I will post pictures once it is finally finished, and Daniel hung out with his latest girlfriend.

Jeremy is trying to get hyped up for going back to work tomorrow and spent the whole day forcing himself to relax. Anyone who knows Jeremy will understand what a hard thing that is for him to do. I think by 2pm (after a massage, finishing his latest book and working on another shelving project) he announced that he was bored. If the weather was better, I would have had him setting up the greenhouse mom brought for me. He would have complained but at least he would have been busy.

Tomorrow we head back to our hectic lives. All the kids head back to school. Sam is still doing the antibiotic every 6 hours. Her noon dose will get pushed back a bit - but she has the last 2 periods free so I will bring her home early while she still needs the medicine.

Wednesday she wants to go get her driving permit so she can practice driving. I am trying really hard to not think too much about her out there driving. So far she is doing ok in parking lots and close to home (not in real traffic yet.)

I hope everyone out there had a great holiday season like we did. Here is to leaving behind the hard times of the past year and enjoying all that life throws our way this next one!

Love to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi my family,

    Loved the entry and photos.... need more of Sam and Dan tho... Izi looked like she enjoyed being a girl with her facial.

    Sound like "here we go! 2009!" might just be a little better than 2008. We've had snow here in Cody. Actually quite a bit considering that we usually don't have much. Reminds me of the "old days" when I had to shovel snow. You can tell that we just don't get much when the first time we get more than an inch, every store in Cody has sold out of snow shovels!
    George and I had a great relaxing New Years. I won the toss and so we ate (cause I'm starting a diet today) drank, played games and watched as many Star Trek movies as we could fit in.

    Well Happy New Years all. I love you "bigger than the whole world"!
    Gramma Tina

    ReplyDelete

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!