Wednesday, April 23, 2008

OK so here it goes...

Starting up this new blog wasn't as easy at the Caring bridge site. You can't believe the all the settings that need to be checked. I can only hope that I did it ok. So I think I am just going to copy the Caring Bridge entry into the blog here. But I want to include some info about the other members of the family.

I was a bit nervous about Isabella. We have settled into a routine lately and I think she is starting to trust it, so we didn't make a big deal about our hospital visit today. She was so happy when I picked her up from school and I think that helped. Although she did not go to sleep easily tonight. Samantha read her stories tonight and then when I went up to 'snuggle', I had to make up a couple more. She just wouldn't go to sleep. She said she wasn't tired. -- Well she will be tomorrow - she didn't fall asleep until almost 10 pm - ug.

Daniel didn't have school today and decided to spend the day at the hospital with us. He had to get up early so he was dragging all day. But he did his best to keep Samantha occupied while we waited for the scans. He is keeping us on track when dealing with Mental Detox week. He decided that he would only use electronics when he had to, so he has put away his scooter, his cell phone, his ipod, video games, TV and computer. I am so proud of him. He has been walking to school, reading and playing board games with all of us this week. He taught Samantha how to play chess and I have to give her credit - she has tried. She says it is boring so I don't know if she will be joining the chess club anytime soon. I have not played a lot in my life but this week Daniel has been challenging me.

It has been really nice just hanging out as a family lately.

Samantha's school is doing a civil war reenactment. She has had an easy week since all her classmates have been practicing their marching. Since she can't march (she will play the part of a wounded soldier - with a neon pink cast -lol) she didn't really have to go to school the early part of the week. I guess that is for the best - she didn't really miss anything today.

We are all a bit tired from getting up early - all the kids got to take a nap today - lucky ducks! :)
I wasn't as lucky - bed sounds so wonderful! I love the idea of getting a good nights rest knowing Samantha is still cancer free! I only hope that I don't dream of possible chess moves all night...

I hope this new blog works out for everyone. Leave a comment and let me know what you think. I will start to add some pictures and see if I can make this a bit more 'us'.

Until tomorrow - sweet dreams - love to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!