Friday, April 25, 2008

TGIF

Got all the kids off to school with no drama today - that was kind of nice. I ran out of my decaf coffee so I drank a cup of Jeremy's this morning. I got so much done - Work, doctor bills, a batch whites - totally cool.

We were invited to dinner with some friends tonight - they have a wonderful home about 40 minutes north of us. So I picked up the kids from school and after a quick stop at Starbucks (surprise surprise) we arrived. Daniel and Isabella disappeared into the family room, playing video games and Legos. Samantha decided to stay with the adults and enjoy the conversation.

We hung out with 2 tall blond beautiful women tonight, had wonderful food and drink. It was a perfect, relaxing evening.

Isabella fell asleep on the way home. But the amazing thing is that once I had her in her room - she woke up and asked for multiple books. We read a few and I settled in for a snuggle. I must have fallen asleep because she woke me up and told me to stop snoring...

Well I got her to sleep and came downstairs to check on the rest of the family. Samantha was settled in for the night with a bag of hot Cheetos and a big glass of milk. Daniel was in his room doing yoga (yep that is right... I love detox week) and Jeremy had fallen asleep on the couch watching a Dave Matthews concert on VH1 mumbling something about wanting a chain saw powered blender so we can have margaritas while camping. I don't know about you but when I drink margaritas (which is not often since 1 knocks me on my tush) I like them on the rocks. :)

I am sure all this sounds so normal - but it is really nice to have a social life again and watch my kids and husband having fun and laughing.

Life is good!

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys!! I think this blog will be great once everyone figures out how to use it!! We would love to see some more pictures!! Can't wait to see you in June!
    Love, Heath

    ReplyDelete

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!