Friday, February 20, 2009

Getting Better

Well all patients are on the mend.
Here is a picture of what Jeremy has been doing to keep himself amused - notice the iPhone in his hand...

Samantha and Daniel came back home on Wed - so the activity level has increased. Sam kept herself busy one night taking pictures of herself - she had just washed her hair and it looked good. She wanted to capture it before it turned into bedhead. :)Grandma Liz got Isabella some cool sunglasses - she was posing for me - wonder where she learned to do the looks....

You would think family life would have slowed down a bit - but no. Monday Isabella had to get out of the house (Jeremy was still recovering and I had to work during the day and she was bored). So we spent some time at the park (actually til dark) once work slowed down.

Tuesday we hit the book store - Wed the big kids came home - Thursday, Lindsey brought dinner so Isabella had Leaf to hang with.

Here is quick picture of Dan. He doesn't let me grab them often, but he was in a good mood. After a day on the slopes he got all dressed up to go to Salsa dancing lessons with a friend of his. He is also competing in a Graphic Arts contest and just submitted his artwork and write up today. The challenge was to design a logo for a local business. I will see if I can get a copy of it and post it this weekend. I thought it was really cool. He is so excited - it is a breath of fresh air.
We met with Sam's surgeon yesterday as well. Everything looks good. The portion of her left thigh where they took her skin graft is healing beautifully and she doesn't have too much pain any more. She is a bit bored always sitting and not too motivated to do school work. We have 2 more weeks before the next surgery (scheduled for March 4th) and then 4 weeks more after that before she can get mobile again. The doctor said she probably won't have a cast after this next surgery since she will have a bone and they don't want to cover the flap - we will still have to watch is closely.
Everything is really getting better. Jeremy is a bit grumpy dealing with his restrictions but he got a 'get out of the house' pass for tomorrow.
Roxy got her staples out (we think a bit too early) but she is pretty happy that she doesn't have to wear the cone any more. I joke that is has been a canine pinball game in the house - she bounced of one thing or another constantly.

Isabella has a fun filled weekend coming up - I will take some pictures. I am just excited to have a chance to catch up on cleaning the house. Silly isn't it - but with always heading back and forth to one hospital or another - I only get to do it every other week. Then it takes all weekend. I actually cherish the ability to clean at my own leisure. I mess with my plants and I can follow my train of thought as it wanders off course without stressing. I think it will be a nice day tomorrow so I may even go for a bike ride (he he he). It is time to start thinking about the Courage Classic ride and I am going to do the complete course this year.
It is also time to start planning the gardens - life is good!
Ok - I am off - Love to everyone!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!