Friday, June 20, 2008

I know, I know - it has been a while

Believe it or not - I have actually been working on this blog each night this week. Isabella danced on Saturday and I recorded it with my digital camera. But it turned out that the file was almost 400mg - way too much to load directly onto the blog. I figured this out after trying to upload it all night Sunday night. So then on Monday I figured I did something wrong and tried again...

Tuesday I finally decided I should trim it down a bit. Guess what? To trim and avi file you need an avi file trimmer. I downloaded that and started that process on Tuesday night. I was able to get it down to 280mg. Still too big, so Jeremy suggested converting it to an mpeg. So I went back online and found an avi to mpeg converter. I did that on Wed - but the file was still 200mg.

I decided to try a direct upload to the blog again. I started it Thursday evening - I think about 8:30 pm - I woke up at 7:30 am this morning and it was still uploading. I decided to give up and try You Tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S8X6AWvSCM . I just watched and the video is a bit blurry - I am going to try to go back and load the original uncut version to see if it is any better. But until then you at least have something to look at.

So now I have to learn how to add and display videos on You Tube. I hope it works.

I will start with Isabella's Dance - the one that I trimmed down. She was pretty cute.

Sunday was a nice day. Daniel and Samantha headed over to their dad's house after camp to spend fathers day.
Jeremy did a bike ride on Sunday while Isabella and I took care of some things at the house and prepared for father's day dinner.
Uncle Ike and Jeremy's friend Brad came over for some BBQ and beers. It was a nice relaxing day.
Monday was back to work. Samantha also had a prosthetic brace fitting on Monday. Right now she wears a boot cast - it is a Velcro black thing - kind of big with a rocker foot.
The new brace is lighter weight and she was supposed to be able to wear a shoe with it. We went to pick it up Thursday afternoon. Samantha tried her big tennis shoe and her crock - but neither would work. I think when she gets back from this next camp we will have to go back in and see what they can do to trim it down a bit.
Daniel was finally added to the family insurance this week and he spared no time asking to use the van. I think he stays up all night figuring out a new reason he needs to use it. Today he said he needed it to do some job searching.
Samantha came home on Tuesday night but Daniel decided to stay at his dad's for the whole week. I have seen him almost everyday when he needed to use the van however. He is working both Saturday and Sunday - helping out Chris' friend Matthew who is a caterer.
We will be hitting the Parker relay for life Saturday evening. We didn't sign up to do the event since Samantha is flying out so early Sunday morning - but we are heading out to provide some support for those folks who will be walking all night.
Samantha needs to be at the airport by 4:30am - she will then fly with her fellow campers and counselors to North Carolina - to camp Victory Junction. She will then return Thursday afternoon.
She found another camp called Sky High Hope camp and that is the 3rd week of July. Both her and Daniel had so much fun at Wapiyapi they want to do this one as well.
I have 6 weeks left to get into shape for the Courage Classic. I ride almost daily - not long rides but I always pull Isabella. This weekend I am hoping to get a longer ride in - we are heading up to the property in Alma. Jeremy will put the tipi back up and I am going to try to ride the pass between Alma and Breckenridge. I guess I will get a better idea of how I will fare on the actual ride. Even though I haven't lost gobs of weight - I feel pretty strong. Each time I have to fill up the van with gas - I get more motivated to ride my bike.
This next week - since Sam will be at camp - maybe I won't have to drive the van at all. Wednesday is ride to work day. I try to do it every year.
I don't have Samantha's camp pictures put together in a slide show yet - but stay tuned. Hopefully tomorrow or Sunday.
Until then - I think I am going to sign off and finish enjoying the movie with the family.
Night - and love to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!