Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Quiet time without the Big Kids

The kids are scheduled to come home on Friday morning. They are going to go to their dad's for father's day weekend - but at least they will be in town and I can talk to them. I know they are having a great time - but I miss them both.

We have been doing ok this week. Monday was a bike ride to the park with Isabella. Yesterday, Tues, Jeremy and I took a drive to down to Aurora and ate at a restaurant that was having a benefit for Justin Miller. Then I stopped by Jenna's funeral. Service was slow at the restaurant so I got there late. There were so many people there - I had to leave before I had a chance to talk with Jenna's mom and dad. I waited over an hour but Isabella was getting tired. I didn't take her in - she hung out with Dad and played at the church park. I felt like running out of the church many times but in the end I am glad I stopped by. Even though I didn't get to speak to the family - I know they saw me and I hope they know that Jenna is in our thoughts.

Tonight was quiet as well - I could get used to this - wink wink...

Good night - love to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angel,
    I'm glad you made it through the funeral. I know that had to be rough but you are something else and always think of others first. That poor family. They are in my prayers. No parent should outlive their child. It's the hardest thing amaginable. And it happens to often. I pray and am absolutey sure our Little Angel will be alright. Take advantage of this time. I love you and miss you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!