Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Comedy of Errors


UG - Aren't I purty? I finally gave in and decided I would put a picture up. I look so much better than I did. I have actually left the house a couple times - wearing my sun glasses of course.
Every time I see myself in the mirror - I am amazed that I crashed. What other 41 year old suburban mom do you see with 2 black eyes?
Want to hear something funny? Last night - in the middle of the night, I thought I heard Samantha calling my name. So I jumped out of bed out of a deep sleep and hustled out the room. The funny thing was our bedroom door was closed (this is not the normal - but the dogs were acting up) so I ended up literally running into the door full speed. Needless to say I woke up Jeremy as I stumbled down the stairs holding my nose to Samantha's room. She was not calling me - I got to her room and she was snuggled up sleeping soundly. I made it back upstairs and climbed back into bed. My nose was throbbing like crazy but as my heart rate slowed back down I couldn't help but laugh at myself. I couldn't believe I had hit my face again! Jeremy just shook his head and asked if I was ok - his life is never boring with me around.
Other than smashing my face multiple times - life is pretty normal. Samantha and Daniel came home Monday evening. Samantha spent yesterday relaxing and hanging out with her friend Donna. Daniel had another orthodontist appointment - turns out he needs another retainer ($$$). Tonight the kids are with their dad at a Journey concert. Anyone with one of SuperSam's healing tunes knows she loves Journey.
We are hoping to have an uncles dinner on Friday night and then the kids are off to Sky High Hope Camp on Sunday.
I am hoping to get a bike ride in this weekend - I sprained my knee when we crashed on Friday(totally take after my mom) and the doctor said to keep it rested and iced for the next few weeks - so the ride won't be too long.
Jeremy will get a nice long ride in on Saturday - he is riding part of the Colorado Trail, a 6 hour mountain bike ride. He is training for the Leadville 100 - his race is in August. His ankle is getting back to normal, I think he only has a couple more PT appointments. He is so good at doing his exercises.
I hope everyone is doing well! Love to everyone! Leave us some comments so we know how everyone else is doing... we love to hear from you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!