Sunday, July 27, 2008

Courage Classic Day Two




Today was a wonderful day - the ride was absolutely beautiful. I did about 40 miles and Jeremy did about 51. Today was family ride day so they had many different options depending on how you felt. the shortest ride was about 35 and the longest was 98. I felt good about doing something in the middle. The above picture is the 4 of us at the Dillon Dam aid station. It was a beautiful day. We left this location and continued onto Blue River which was another 14 miles - mostly down hill. I rode this section with Jeremy and I was able to draft behind him at a pretty good pace. It was the most fun for me yet. Then while Jeremy continued to the top of the pass (another 12 miles up and down) I had to make my way back - but this time it was uphill. One of the riders hollered out "what goes down has to go up!" She was so right. I prefer to go up first and then finish with a nice downhill. But I made it. Jeremy and I hooked back up at the Dillon Dam aid station again.
There is Jeremy after we hooked up at the aid station. The other picture is of the lake we rode around.
While Jeremy and I were riding. The rest of the family hit the outlet mall over in Silverthorne. After the ride we showered (the first thing Sam said to me when I got home was - you stink!) and ate a bit. Then we headed to Vail to hang out with some friends. We wrapped up the day with a couple of pizzas and some TV.
It is about 8:30 pm now and I am ready for bed.
Tomorrows ride will be a long hard uphill for about 12 miles, finishing at 11,300 feet. Then about a 14 mile downhill - another 4 mile climb and a quick mile downhill. The total mileage for tomorrow will be about 34. There is also an option to do a 10 mile loop around Turquoise Lake - but I think we may have to pass so we have time to get back and clean up the condo and back to Denver by 5 or 6.
I am excited to cross the finish line wearing our Super Sam shirts.
Until tomorrow - Love to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!