Friday, July 11, 2008

Sister bonding


Well we have a bit of sister bonding going on tonight. All in all it is a good thing but poor Jeremy is having a small heart attack.

Samantha is super excited because The Jonas Brothers are coming to Denver and I gave the ok for us to go. Chris gets to take Daniel to Tom Petty and I get the Disney band (just wait until next time!) Anyway the concert is next weekend and like I mentioned - Daniel will be at Tom Petty with his dad, Jeremy has a 50 mile mountain bike ride so he won't be home - we were talking about finding a place for Isabella when one of Samantha's friends found out she couldn't go. Samantha opened her mouth and said "Donna is out and you, Isabella are in!" Well this started it all. All the way home from dinner (tonight was uncles dinner) Samantha and Isabella listen to Jonas Brother songs. Needless to say Isabella is now excited that she gets to go with Samantha (which by the way is still up in the air). It was kind of cute - Samantha was telling Izi who her favorite brother is and Isabella said "you are going to have to find a little Jonas brother for me!" The video above is Isabella singing part of a Jonas Brothers song...

This was something I wasn't prepared for when we decided to have Isabella. I thought that having 1 kid would be a breeze after having 2 little ones at the same time. I wasn't prepared to have 2 real teenagers and another teenager in a 3 year old body.

It is always nice when one of my teenagers gets in touch with their inner 3 year old. Here the girls are coloring together. :)

Thank goodness today is Friday. Jeremy spent his morning working at Isabella's school. He volunteered to do some wood working with the kids and was in turn asked to do pull together some carnival games. He has been using all his new tools to start making some hobby horses, a plinko game and a couple of those boards that have pictures painted on it with holes cut out so you can put your face in and have a picture taken. He had 3 classes of 3 to 5 year olds. They did some sanding, sawing and drilling this time. Next time they will do some painting and gluing. Then at the end of the summer program they will have a carnival. I will make sure to take lots of pictures so we can document all Jeremy's hard work.

Tomorrow morning I have to get up too early. I volunteered to shuttle the boys (Jeremy, Noah and Ajay) up to Kenoshaw pass. I drop them off up there and they will ride the Colorado Trail into Breckenridge. It is a long ride but wonderful training for Jeremy as he prepares for his mountain bike races.

I was hoping to get a really mellow bike ride in this weekend but I don't know if I can yet. I tried to ride to the pharmacy today and my knee was all wobbly and felt like it would fail any time I tried putting any pressure on it. I felt a bit discouraged since I don't have much time left before the CC. My emotions are hot and cold. My brain tells me just raising the money and doing what I can is all that is important, but I really want to do this for my daughter. I don't think she realizes my intention, but this ride will be hard work for me - nothing compared to what she has been thru - but all the same, I want to do this for her. At the end of the day - all I can do is my best. I will definitely ride across the finish line thinking how strong my daughter is and remembering how proud I am of her.

Well I am going to sign off for now. Have a great weekend. Love to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my poor Angel Daughter! I'm so sorry I passed along the "clutch gene" or the "the acident cloud follows us alway" gene. I hope your knee heals in time for your bike ride. I know how badly you want to do it for Sammy but if it hurts, Angel there's a reason. Don't push it! As far as your face goes. I've had broken noses and have run into doors so I know that photo you put up isn't even a little bad compared to what you went through. Can't fool your mom Angel. I love you and wish I knew how to make you slow down. But then again my 85 year old mother tells me that every week! Haven't been able to find the switch yet.
    I love you and all. Hope you had a great time at the concert. Let me know if Izi went or not. Take care babe.
    Love you all,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!