Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Eye of the Storm

The day started out pretty normal - but took a quick turn about 9 am this morning. Jeremy was packing up to head to the tipi, Isabella was angry with me because I wouldn't let her wear her dirty clothes from yesterday. I got them out the door when I got a customer call.

At one point I was instant messaging with 3 different people while on a conference call and encouraging Samantha to get dressed and ready for her physical therapy appointment.

I usually don't stress if I have to run out to an appointment during the work day because I have email on my phone. However, I am getting the royal run around from work when it comes to getting a replacement for my phone since I dropped it.

So I had to leave in the middle of my customer escalation. I ran Sam to PT then headed over to Panera Bread because they have free wireless. I checked my email there and then back to pick up Samantha from PT. Then I had to run to pickup Isabella before running to pick up Daniel. See Daniel had an appointment to retake his hearing test - Isabella had to come with since we only pay for school until 4:30 pm.

Well we made it to Daniel's test (which he passed with flying colors - no more excuses that he didn't hear me) only 2 minutes late.

After I had to hit the grocery store - we went to one that had the little 'shoppers in training' shopping carts. Daniel was pushing the regular sized one and Isabella had the smaller one. I only needed a few items - but I am sure you can picture Isabella - grabbing items she wants off the shelves - the funny thing is Daniel and Samantha were doing the same thing - they can just debate better.

We took over the store - there was one wide eyed gentleman - you could tell he didn't have kids - he just looked amazed as I repeatedly asked the kids to stop shopping and move towards the checkout.

There was one point on the drive home where all 3 kids had their bare feet in each other face - singing 'smell my feet' at the top of their lungs - I am talking about my 16 and 14 year old as well. I feel like I have been nagging the kids a lot lately so I decided since they were having fun and laughing I would just let the extra noise slide.

Now I have 2 out of the 3 in bed and I am looking around my house. The dogs were wrestling and dumped over things - the kitchen is a mess from dinner - Isabella was looking for her princess dolls and proceeded to spread every color book, crayon and sticker book all over the floor.

Tomorrow will be another busy day - lots to do on my list - but Daniel will be out working and Samantha is making plans to go to a movie. So I may have some quiet. :)

Jeremy should be back from the tipi in time to go with me to Isabella's summer fair days tomorrow.

I think I have expended all the energy I can tonight. Time to recharge.

I will post pictures tomorrow - and call my mom!

Love to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!