Tuesday, July 22, 2008

OMG - I can't believe I got to see the Jonas Brothers

I know it has been a while but time just slips away. I usually like to add entries at the end of the day - but the evenings have been busy. The kids got back from camp Saturday afternoon. We had an hour together before we left to go to the Jonas Brothers concert. Samantha, 2 friends and Isabella piled into the van and we hit the road. Daniel didn't get to see Tom Petty - he got home from camp a bit too late and he was tired anyway. Apparently both kids stayed up all night their last night at camp. Both of them had loads of fun!

Anyway - back to the concert... there were so many kids and people and it was really warm. Fiddlers Green was not the best venue - long lines everywhere and a bit disorganized - but the girls found a good spot and we settled in. Every time anyone walked on stage - every girl screamed - holy moly.

I know that I was the same way when I was younger - but it was still fun to sit back and watch all the hysteria. Isabella had a great time as well. I had to hold her on my shoulders for most of the concert so she could see - she was clapping and dancing - so cute. I wish I had some pictures - but I followed the rule that said no cameras and I had dropped my phone Saturday morning, so I couldn't use that either.

Sunday we spent the day relaxing and doing some house chores. The kids headed back to their dad's yesterday afternoon and will hang out there until Friday when we head to the mountains for the Courage Classic. I am a little nervous - I went for a ride on Sunday evening and my knee feels ok - a little weak - but ok. I just keep telling myself all I can do is my best. I am still going to try and keep it all fun. I really do enjoy riding my bike so I am going to focus on that.

Jeremy's mom and cousin Hannah come in on Thursday afternoon. We are all excited to see them and hang out in the mountains. I am especially glad for the vacation time. This weekend is the start of a couple of very busy months. After the Courage Classic - Jeremy has Ajay's bachelor party (I also have Gina's bachelor-ette party) then the next weekend is Jeremy's 100 mile off road Leadville ride. Then the kids and I (and maybe even Jeremy - we are working on that) will head for a weeks vacation in Cody and spend some time with my Mom and all our family there. I am looking forward to visiting with my Grandma and Grandpa - it has been a while and we miss them!

After Cody we then have Ajay and Gina's wedding - another fun weekend in the mountains. I am then hoping to go and visit my friend Dianna for a spa weekend the first week of Sept. Then the rest of September will attending some Pediatric Cancer awareness events on the very first awareness day ever -- Sept 13th! We also have at the Miracle Party on Sept 20th. We are close to having a web site with all the info - I will post it when it is ready.

Not to mention in all this that the kids start school in about 4 weeks. Daniel will be a Junior and Sam a Freshman (another Holy Moly). Samantha is starting physical therapy today. She wants to start school without her crutches - however, she really isn't too motivated to work on it at home. I feel myself nagging her and I don't like that at all. So I decided to let the PT guys do that... Her leg looks good and she is only using the crutches as a safety net - I am sure she can meet her goal with a bit of work.

We will have her next round of scans in Sept as well - can you believe that it will be 6 months? It seems like it was a lifetime ago but at the same time yesterday...

Well I need to get back to work. I have some pictures of Sam from camp that I am loading into another slide show. Hopefully I can add that later today.

Until then - Love to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angel,
    In your words.... Holy Moly.... Daniels a Junior in High School. You've got to be lying! Hows your face doing baby? And remember courage is not synonymous with over doing. Take it easy on your knee babe. I love you all and your story about the concert brought back memories of when you were Sam's age and Dad and I had to take you to some teen idol's concert and you screamed and yelled! Some things never change.
    Love everyone for me. I thought Jeremy's family was coming up for Izy's birthday. That's not this week already is it?
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!