Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!!

Hi all! We had a wonderful week - just plugging along mainly. Samantha came over for dinner on Tuesday - actually she ate at the mall - bit we played a game of Life and then watched a new television show she is interested in. It is called 'The Secret Life of the American Teenager" and it is about a 16 year old girl who finds out she is pregnant. We have only watched the first episode but I think it will be ok. Better than America's next top model or Gossip Girl - both which I think set unrealistic expectations on how life is supposed to be.




The new show was a bit shocking to Samantha in that sex is a big topic in most of the conversations - but the thing I like is that so far it is realistic. Another good aspect is that it opened up a nice conversation between Samantha and myself. Obviously after everything we have been thru this past year - if I found out Samantha was pregnant - it would not be the end of the world. Any new life would be welcomed - however, I did stress that it does not mean I am encouraging her to go out and get pregnant. I still expect her to make good decisions.


Take a look at Samantha fohawk -- I tried to capture it...

Thursday she came back over for dinner - we all went together to a friends house warming. We have friends that found a house in the Washington Park area of Denver. It is a fantastic neighborhood and houses there are priced pretty high. But it is something that is worth it to our friends - they are a few blocks off of the park and their home is beautiful - very European feeling. Fitting since one of them is from England and the other from Italy. They are super nice people and the food was fantastic!

Then for Friday - Jeremy, Isabella and I spent some time at the Boulder Reservoir - Isabella had a blast playing in the water and sand. It was a hot day and the water kept us comfortable.
Later that evening we packed up the tandem and Isabella's chariot and headed off to the city park to watch the fireworks. We met Daniel and Samantha there (they were hanging out with their dad). Fireworks were great. The night would have been perfect but on the way home Jeremy and I crashed on the bike. We were not going fast but hit the side of the sidewalk and the bike tipped. Most people think to protect their faces and end up with scrapes on their arms and legs - but no so luck for me. I broke my fall with my face. It looks a lot worse than it feels - but I hate that now everyone can tell that I don't know how to put out my arms when I fall. :)

Today - Jeremy spent time working on the supplies for Isabella's school carnival and I have been pretty lazy - doing some wash and watching TV. I was supposed to go for a bike ride on Sunday - but my right knee is a bit swollen from yesterday so I am passing. I am sure I will be able to do a short ride tomorrow night or Monday.

Both kids are coming home on Monday and will stay with me until Sunday when I take them to camp again. I love that they are going even though I miss them terribly when they are gone. Samantha is getting more and more independent and it is a wonderful time for brother and sister bonding. I can't believe we have 20 more days until the Courage Classic and then I am hoping to take a week vacation in August and go visit my Mom. I was thinking this week would work - but Sam has a concert she wants to go to and I am covering for a co-worker.


I am going to leave you with a couple really cool videos - one of Samantha walking and one of Isabella singing. Am I blessed or what!
Love to all!






1 comment:

  1. WOW Awesome Sammy!!! You look soooo good!! Keep it up! Love you bunches! Tell everyone "hi" from us. Can't wait to see you in August!!
    Love,
    Heath, Brian, Katelyn, Mariah and Gabe

    ReplyDelete

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!