Saturday, May 3, 2008

Balance

I am still working on this balance idea. The last few days have been colder and overcast and my mood has matched it. The big kids are with their dad this week which is nice - but the house is quiet - even with Isabella's chattering. On Wednesday - Jeremy hurt his ankle on his mountain bike ride. It isn't broken but it is black and blue and so swollen. It is so hard for him to stay off of it - he is so active and he is frustrated. It is getting better - he is able to put a bit of weight on it now and we are going to try to get out of the house a bit today. All these things to think about along with work...

This morning I went to Stacey's Miracle 2008 party planning meeting. It was wonderful to see all the moms. But it is so hard for me at times. I feel guilty that Samantha is done and doing wonderful and looking beautiful - when their children are still fighting and feeling yucky. I wish with everything that I am that their children were finished and could get on with their lives as well. I still follow the caring bridge sites and so often I want to post - but the words just don't come. I am hoping that by the time for this party arrives - all the kids will have wrapped up their chemo and they will be feeling wonderful - confident that the cancer is gone.

I finally committed to the Courage Classic - I am going to get my tush on the bike and pedal until I can't pedal anymore. So now I am going to ask for your support - please make a donation - it is easy - just goto http://www.couragetours.com/2008/supersam and make the donation online. It will be a challenge for me - but nothing compared to what Samantha faced this past year. It is the least I could do for the wonderful people at Children's and the support they provide.

We are trying to figure out what to do for Memorial Day Weekend. Samantha has been asking to get out of town. I would personally love to go to a hot springs and just have a quiet weekend with the kids but we have to check with the doctors to see if they will give the ok for Sam to participate. We have some friends in Gunnison that we haven't seen in a while, so we may head down that way.

We will see Dr. Heare on Tuesday for a cast replacement for Sam. He will check her incision site and put on another waterproof cast. Then the next doctor's appt will be on June 5th.

The sun is out today and it is getting warmer - I hope everyone is getting out and enjoying the weekend.

Please support my Courage Classic ride - I truly appreciate anything you can do - Children's hospital is a wonderful cause.

Isabella is having a melt down because of some glitter on her fingers and Jeremy needs me to check for something for him as well.

So I am off -
Love to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!