Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Cozy

So you may have heard that the weather here in Denver has been a bit overcast the past couple of days. Well this morning Isabella decided she wanted to feel 'cozy' and insisted on wearing everything. She looked so dang cute - I couldn't find her hat right away so she decided to wear Jeremy's. We had to roll it up a bit. The funny thing is that she wouldn't wear her rain boots - only her sandals.

Samantha was up late last night working on her end of year project for school. She put together a time line of her life so far. She has included all the life changing events of she has experienced so far and then a couple of stories from her grandparents and some poems she wrote. I am excited to read it.
Daniel stayed home this past weekend to work a catering job. He really enjoyed making some money and is super excited about the next one coming up in a couple of weeks.
Both of them are with their dad this week but I usually get to see them after school for a few. Samantha and I also have tickets to see the Broadway play Mamma Mia - you know Samantha and her musicals...
Jeremy took the day off to work on Mike's toilet (fun fun) and to get some physical therapy on his ankle - which by the way is coming along wonderfully.
I just worked, hit my WW meeting and got an allergy shot - so very exciting. But I did get a great recipe from WW for a Warm White Bean Salad. I had some Lupini beans so I sauteed some tomatoes, peppers, onion and garlic. Then firsts I added some sage from my herb garden. It tasted wonderful - I also tried it with some fresh oregano and basil - also very good and good for me - yahoo!

I am going to leave you with a more cute pictures of Isabella. She made her own pizza for dinner tonight.



Night and love to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Layers!
    What a great entry..... surprise surpise, huh! I absolutely love this blog. George and I were talking the other night about things that happened to us at Bud's Drive-In and it sounded so funny because we learned how to type on old typewriters, used party lines with DIAL telephones and am wishing that we had all this technology then. I remember how excited everyone would get when we got long distance phone call! Mom would always talk really fast and keep it short because it was "Long Distance".

    Someone sent me an email the other day that people my age might like.... An older man was at a football game with a younger boy like Daniel. The boy was talking and bragging about cell phones, texting, computers, cameras, etc and after a bit he stopped to take a breath. When he did, the older man said "Yep, we didn't have any of those things growing up so we invented them. What are you doing for your grandkids?"
    Okay Daniel..... be an inventor!
    Kiss everyone for me. Hope your alergies are getting better Angel. And I hope my Little Angel was able to understand what it was like for me in high school. It sure was fun remembering.
    IZI.... what can I say.... I love her to death and think she is one of the most beautifulest girls around as well.
    All our love,
    Mom and George

    ReplyDelete

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!