Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother/Father

A little video of Isabella singing her continents song. She has been quite a character the last few days. She has started calling Jeremy and I father and mother instead of mommy and daddy. She will just talk - she makes up these elaborate stories and there are some nights she has endless energy. The grocery store has miniature grocery baskets and she took one yesterday when we had some shopping to do. She just started shopping - putting things in her basket... The items I picked out, I had to carry. She wouldn't let me use her basket.

Right now she lives for Dora or Diego shows and playing with her friends. She will do anything - including take a nap - if she can invite a friend over. There is a wonderful little girl that lives across the street. She is in kindergarten now - but she and Isabella play great together. She has so much patience with her, I am always impressed.

She still won't ride her bike and she is getting a bit big for the chariot (we pull it behind our bike). I get quite a workout whenever I take her on the trails.

Work is going ok for me personally but the company is doing another round of lay offs. I don't think I am meant for corporate work - their decisions don't make a lot of sense to me. But until Samantha is healthy and the kids are thru college, I just have to bite the bullet. The benefits are actually more valuable than the salary.

I like the weather we have been having lately. It is cool and rainy. Low temperatures are high enough that I can plant. I finished up the herb garden and the vegetable garden last night and I started planting some annuals in the front garden. I will try and post some pictures this weekend. I think it will be cool to see how the gardens change over the summer.

Jeremy and I get a date night tomorrow. Yahoo! I don't know what the plan is yet - Jeremy is working out the details but it will be nice to get out and hang with my husband a bit. Then I am hoping to get a couple bike rides in this weekend. Jeremy says he wants to ride too - his ankle is ok - the bruising is gone but it still aches and by the end of the day he is hobbling. I also will be going to the next Miracle 2008 party planning meeting on Sunday.

Hopefully I can finish up my planting and get my tomato supports done. There is always so much to do.

Well night for now - Love to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angel,
    Love your journal entry and really enjoyed Izi's video. Love you.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!