Friday, May 23, 2008

Tornados...

Well if you haven't heard we have had some severe weather here in Colorado. They hit yesterday a bit north east of us in Windsor and Greeley. I got a call from my mom just after they hit wondering if I was ok - we were. I looked out and only saw sun from my work window.
But I was looking over the pictures from yesterday and was amazed at the damage done in such a short time. It motivated me to back up my pictures and make sure they are all in the basement and safe. Although we are too close to the foothills - tornadoes don't touch down close to us.
All in all the week hasn't been too bad for the kids and myself. Jeremy had a rough one - he is a coach or manager and there were layoffs this week. He is super glad we have a long weekend. We are heading to Gunnison for the weekend to chill with some friends. Not much planned other than visiting and maybe some fishing and a boat ride.
Today was pajama day at Isabella's school today. I wish I would have got a picture but didn't think of it. The mornings are kind of crazy at times. School for Dan and Sam is almost over, I think they have have 7 more days left. A quick reminder for Mom Thomson - Samantha's assignment is due on Tuesday - so don't forget to send your story to her this weekend. Thanks!
Daniel had some friends over - his friend wanted to dye his hair blond. It turned out ok - not super blond but he was happy enough.
We then decorated Samantha's room a bit. She had some pictures she wanted me to hang and the Chinese lamp in the picture. She thinks her room looks so 'zen' now. Samantha loves to decorate her room. The problem is she gets and idea and by the time we get the stuff she wants, she changes her mind and wants something else.
Just before she got sick last year she picked out a comforter and all these colors. Now she is tired and wants to change again. I told her she needs to get a job - mine can't pay for it again so soon. :)
Well it is time to sign off - I am going to go sit in the jacuzzi and hit the sack. I can't believe it is already 10:30 pm. The days just fly.
Love to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!