Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday Maddness and Cupcakes...

Did today's title peak your curiosity? -- Well today was a typical Monday. The big kids are back with me for a week which usually means crazy times thru dinner at least. I forget when they are at their dad's what it is like having all 3 together.

This afternoon - I picked up Isabella and Samantha from school and we headed to the grocery store to get some food. So I have an excited Isabella because she gets to hang with her sister and I have a typical 14 year old jonesing for cherry cupcakes like her friend had at the last birthday party. Isabella is trying to convince me to get chocolate milk - promising that this time she will drink it all - and Samantha trying to convince me that partially hydrogenated oils aren't too bad if you don't over do...

All this with me trying to remember what I need for the week because even though I have a list - it is sitting on my desk at work with all the other lists I have made and always forget to bring.

I start out with endless patience - but by checkout I am rushing to get out of the store before I collapse in a heap.

Noah stopped by to work on his mountain bike with Jeremy. Which reminds me - I got a picture of Jeremy's foot - 5 days later - after the swelling has gone down:
Doesn't this look wonderful? Jeremy worked from home today - sitting on the couch with his foot up. He is able to put some weight on it - but not for long periods of time.
Noah stayed for dinner - he got to experience the Monday night dinner with the Layer/Gray family. All the kids talking at once - teasing and laughing - bringing us up to date on the past week and making plans for the upcoming one.
Samantha decided to take Jeremy and one of her friends to the baseball game tomorrow evening. Make a wish gave us some tickets...
After dinner Samantha and Isabella made those cherry cupcakes I was talking about earlier - can I stick to my guns or what?
Check out the fun pictures:

I have a feeling this post will be kind of long - I was playing with our new camera. I have pictures of Isabella and Samantha - I have been bugging Daniel that I need some pictures of him too. I have been into black and white ones lately - so I was trying find that setting on the camera when I found this cool feature:



I hope you can see how the flower is kind of yellow even though the picture is in black and white. Samantha's smile is probably taking all the attention - is my daughter beautiful or what?


I played around with a lot of other settings as well. Needless to say I have a lot of blurry clouds on film and one of Reno (our black and white dog) with big yellow reflections for eyes.


The good news is Daniel finally let me get a few of him as well. Take a look...

Isn't my boy cute? Well we had a lot of fun at dinner tonight. We finished the evening with Jeremy surrendering the remote to Samantha while I tried to convince Isabella she really did want to take a bath and she really was tired.
As of now - at 10:30 pm - Isabella is asleep and Daniel is chilling in his room. Samantha is getting ready for bed and Jeremy is working (surprise, surprise).
I am having a ball with figuring out this blog stuff. So even if no one reads it - I will have memories of our times.
The day started off a bit rocky - Isabella didn't want to go to school and I felt guilty leaving her there with tears in her eyes. I drove to work wishing I could win the lotto (pretty routine every Monday). But all is well that ends well.
Mom - I didn't forget George's last name - just forgot to write it down. I hope he is doing ok - we have been thinking about him often. To leave a comment - at the bottom of this posting there is a comment link. Just click on it and it will open a window for you to post if you want.
I hope everyone is enjoying all the mundane info on the family - but like I said - I will keep posting just so I can remember our times together. The blog helps me look at our everyday occurrences with humor and gratitude. This is really the important stuff.
OK - so it is late - I could probably write all night (I think I may be getting a bit addicted to blogging :P) but tomorrow is a big day.
Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Love to everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angel,
    You sure brightened my day today. I'm dead tired, have a horrible mess in the house and enough food to feed an army.
    I read your MM today for the first time. The next time I have my wine I will spill my guts to you. It's not easy being a mother but trust me, you should be so proud of yourself for the family you've made and the way you've handled all challenges. So, like your mom, you have the "Italian" weight problem. I'm fight it again now. I lost all that weight went Matt was hurt and I've been doing nothing but gaining weight sinced he died. I asked Dr. Morton and he said the best and healthiest diet out there is the Nutra System deal. Don't know if I'm strong enough to do it. And I don't seem to have the energy or desire to excise which is crucial.lf I didn't have mom and dad to worry about I truly think I'd talk George into moving closer to you. I want more than ever to be there for you and I don't know how good we'd be together about dieting, but it sure would be fun trying with you. The only time anything worked for me was when Aunt Becky and I did it together. I'm your mom and know I'm prejudiced, and that you won't believe me, but you are so smart in all things...... be smart here. You are beatiful inside and out. Truly Angel. All in good time. You've been through alot. I remember after Daddy died I got up to 1985 lbs and it wasn't until I stopped obsessing on it and starting remembering that I had a brain and self respect and just didn't set such high expectations for my self that things changed. I'll never forget the time Chris Stebbins and I joined weightwatchers and the first week Cris last 4 lbs and I gained 6. Very discouraging. I know how important to you it is to lose weight but always remember that the beauty of your heart,love and spirit shine so brightly that noone else sees anything but that you are a wonderful, intelligent, beautiful, sexy and perfect person! Read this every day and remember that. Let loose of some of the pressure you are putting on yourself and I'll do the same. And don't worry about Daniel. This is a tough age and I had the same thoughts about how Matt was going to turn out. However it is meant to be. I've managed to pass on to you all of my phobias and none of the confidence. I wish I could go back in time but know that I can't. Trust that you are everything a child could want in a mom and that half that blood is yours and it will win out. It's much stonger than you think. Don't know if its the 5 or 6 drinks I've had tonight but I'm going on too long. My dearest wish right now is that the time will come when I can be closer to you, in all ways, my daughter, my friend. But for now know that I love you more than life itself and wish we lived nest door and we could work together until you could actually feel the love I have in my heart for you. I know I've not been the mother that I should have to you through the years, but good news.... after all these years, my mother and I are like friends and so time changes things and I want that for us. Someday soon, God, please, nothing is more important to me than you
    So my beautiful wonderful daughter, maybe some day you will know that you are my life, my love, my heart and there isn't a thing I wouldn't do to help you at this time when you might need me. Remember when you look in the mirror that all the people who love you don't care how much you weigh when you lose it or even if you do. Have confidence in yourself and see yourself as we do. Beautiful and perfect in every way. Maybe we'll do some kind of a contest and see what we can do. You sexy smart lady, If your old mom can not look at my figure and wrinkles and sagging chins and on and on..... you look in that mirror and right into thoe gorgeous eyes of yours and see the beauty the rest of us see.
    Okay Dawn Angel, my goal is to not eat chocolate tomorrow. One small step for the world, one giant leap for me. I'm starting small..... 1 lb a week. Deal? We'll have to do it long distance until I can move closer to you! Good night angel. I love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!