Monday, May 19, 2008

Ice Cubes In My Wine

It is after 10pm and it is still hot hot hot. I know that this isn't anything compared to later this summer, I am wishing that the cool rainy days would have lasted a bit longer. I guess I just have to get used the the warmer weather. On days like today I add ice to my wine. My friend's father is a wine distributor and connoisseur and he just cringes when he sees me do this. But to be honest, I drink wine because I like it - not because of what people think of me. When Jeremy and I were in Italy a couple of years ago, their red wine was cool (as in temperature). I don't feel I am in the wrong at all. I don't have a wine cellar, so my wine is room temperature and when the room is 80 degrees the wine needs a few ice cubes...



The weekend was nice and relaxing. I puttered around mostly. I finished up the planting around the house. Here you see Isabella helping me water the new plants. She just woke up from her nap and was still kind of groggy holding onto her teddy bear. I put together a slide show of my yard. I did it mainly for me ( I love my yard) but I can share... Isabella's friends came over Saturday morning and it was already warm. So we hit the road to pick up a swimming pool. The 3 girls had a blast playing in the pool which was cold and then heading for the warmth of the jacuzzi. The following link includes some of those pictures as well.
http://picasaweb.google.com/layergal/YardWork/photo#s5201906343545335666. Saturday night Jeremy had an old friend over. He had not seen him in 15 years or so - they have been friends since 2nd grade. They stayed up late yapping and having a few beers.

Then on Sunday, I had my normal chores to do - but I also participated in the second Miracle 2008 party planning meeting. I am sure you know about this if you have been keeping up with Kennedy's site at all. I think we are close to having a venue and date. We are hoping for September 13th. Colorado Senator Allard and Senator Hillary Clinton co-sponsored a request to make Sept 13th the first ever Pediatric Cancer Awareness Day. This is pretty big - this is how Breast Cancer awareness started - first a month then a day and then the pink ribbons you see every where. How wonderful would it be to have that same kind of attention on children's cancer. How wonderful would it be to wipe it out forever...

The kids are back home tonight and believe it or not it wasn't as hectic as normal. Daniel had a quick check up for his wisdom teeth - they are looking great. The doctor was very happy. Then I dropped the girls off at home after school to relax while Daniel and I rode our bikes to the grocery store. We loaded up on groceries and came home to pull some dinner together.

Daniel had some homework, Sam had her dramas to catch up on and Isabella played outside. I was telling Jeremy earlier this evening that I thought she was getting more difficult - but after a glass of wine and some quiet time, I think she is just independent. She loves to play with her friends - they are super important to her right now. I think what I see as difficult is actually my problem. I want her to still need me more than she does now. She would rather hang out with the girl across the street instead of me... Isabella hit this stage a bit earlier than Daniel and Samantha. I think they were in kindergarten. Oh well guess it is time for another kid or dog... JUST KIDDING... Jeremy would have a heart attack :)

We are planning to get out of town this weekend and I was hoping Daniel would be able to make it - but he has a job with a caterer and there is a party on Monday. So he opted to stay back and work instead. I knew this day was coming as well - but man is it hard. This weekend isn't anything big - just hanging out with some friends so I couldn't really make him go. He wants to show the boss how committed he is. I can only be proud.

Well it is time for bed. Daniel is complaining that the jacuzzi is only at 102 instead of 104... Time for him to get to bed.

Until tomorrow - Love to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Layer/Gray Family

My photo
Layer/Gray family includes Jeremy, Dawn, Isabella, Daniel and Samantha. We are active, opinionated and fun loving!